Sunday 2 February 2014

Week 13 Pregnancy Update

Little bump! (can't wait for it to grow)

How far along?
Exactly 14 weeks today.

Total weight gain?
Last time I was weighed was about 1.5 weeks ago, that was 3.5kg gain so far, 1/2 a stone! oops... most of the weight seems to have gone on my hips and butt so far, and boobs!

Maternity clothes?
I have been wearing black maternity Topshop jeans non stop because they are so comfy and the only thing that fits me properly at the moment. I went and bought another blue pair today just to change things up a bit, exciting exciting! and a black top that I can wear at work. I have to say I'm having real trouble finding anything that's particularly flattering top wise. All the tops I tried on in Topshop today looked like tents and made me look as big as a house.

Stretch marks?
Non yet, I've started to use Bio Oil but may switch to Elemis when this runs out. I'll try out a few and see which one I like best.

Sleep?
I have been off from work this week so have actually been sleeping pretty well as I'm feeling a lot less stressed. The one bad night I had was mainly because I got a little over excited about something...see next question...

Best moment this week?
Going out for dinner with friends and feeling the baby kick for the first time. I know people say that with your first you wont feel anything until about 18 weeks, but I'm sure it was the baby. Right above my pubic bone in my lower abdomen I felt a strong tapping sensation. It was quite random, some fast and then slow and went on for about 30 seconds. It certainly wasn't gas, trust me I've had enough of that in my life time to know what that feels like.

Worst moment this week?
I have been quite teary and sensitive and can basically start crying at the smallest thing if it upsets me. It's really hard to control and I think it stresses and worries my husband a bit as he doesn't like to see me that way and isn't used to it.

Miss anything?
Missing my poached eggs and was longingly eyeing up my sisters bloody mary at the pub today at lunch. Also miss my wardrobe and feeling good in my clothes.

Movement?
As mentioned above. I also felt a lot of prodding sensations around my belly button all evening that night but I'm not so sure about those. Haven't felt anything else since.

Food cravings?
No specific cravings really, but when I decide I'm in the mood for something I have to have it! Just been slightly more picky with my food in general.

Anything making you feel sick or queezy?
Strangely I've been finding chocolate, biscuits or anything overly sweet a bit sickly and off putting. Other than that nothing really.

Gender?
No idea yet, a whole 7weeks till our 20 week scan.

Symptoms?
Not really, mainly the hormones making me teary and my boobs started to get sore again yesterday. Also can still get quite exhausted if I try to do too much. My body finds it hard to get over a gym session at the moment. I went twice this week and both times the following day I felt absolutely drained.

Belly button in or out?
In

Happy or moody?
Generally happy, but a little bit sad and teary at times.

Looking forward to?
Finding out the gender, still seems like ages away. And getting some of my energy back now that I've hit the 2nd trimester.

No comments:

Post a Comment