Sunday 23 February 2014

16 & 17 Week Pregnancy Update

So...I have been a really rubbish blogger these last 2 weeks. Last week my mood was kind of all over the place and I felt like hiding from the world. So this is more like a 16 and 17 week update I suppose. I'd also like to do some more posts on other things but I have been struggling to find the time as I am always so exhausted when I get home from work. Must try harder! Anyway, for those who have been reading so far...a big thank you! x


17 week bump selfie

How far along?
17 weeks today.

Total weight gain?
I don't know, and I sort of don't want to. It's been putting me in a bit of a panic sometimes which I feel dreadfully guilty about because I know I'm supposed to put on weight but it feels like it's all going on my bum which is big enough as it is. If I didn't know better I'd swear the baby was growing in there and not in my belly.

Maternity clothes?
I've ordered a black maternity vest from Topshop...very exciting I know! It hasn't arrived yet though so don't know if it will be any good. I must admit I hate getting dressed at the moment as I find it so frustrating that none of my normal clothes fit like they used to and just look terrible now. I'm just getting bored of wearing the same old things day after day now especially when you want to dress up for a night out. Boo!

Stretch marks?
Non yet.

Sleep?
Sleep is fine at the moment. I actually managed to sleep all the way through the other night without getting up to pee! Haven't had any weird dreams yet but they are starting to get a little more vivid.

Best moment this week?
I've had a couple of evenings out with my husband and friends this week which has been really nice as previously I had no energy to do this so it's nice to start feeling like my normal self again. I even allowed myself to have a glass of red wine which I loved because it just made me feel a bit more socially part of the group if that makes sense? One glass was plenty :)

Worst moment this week?
Realising that dressing up for a night out is no fun when none of your clothes fit you properly anymore. It's sad to say but it actually made me feel like crying. Pathetic I know...but it's not like I have the money to go out and buy myself a whole new wardrobe either. I'm quite jealous of those people who manage to go through most of their pregnancy wearing their normal clothes. Sadly this is not working for me.

Miss anything?
Again...my clothes. Sorry this is making me sound so shallow!!! Argh!!! It really is a small price to pay for the amazing life we are bringing into the world and I do feel greatly blessed in reality.

Movement?
I keep feeling slight flutters, particularly in the evening.

Food cravings?
I'm craving poached eggs but I can't have them!!! Torture!!

Anything making you feel sick or queezy?
Not so much at the moment.

Gender?
Find out in 3 weeks time! Cannot wait!

Symptoms?
Still with the runny nose. I did buy some salt water spay which does actually help though, surprisingly.

Belly button in or out?
Inny

Happy or moody?
Happier lately, although I was in a mega strange mood the week before. I think the realisation of how our lives are going to change actually began to hit home and I started to panic a bit about how our relationship is going to change. My hubby took me out for a lovely meal though and we talked things through and I felt much better after that.

Looking forward to?
Our scan in 3 weeks time. I absolutely cannot wait to find out the gender and to know that everything is going ok in there. I also can't wait to feel my first proper kicks. So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment